So, last weekend, as I had discussed in my Review, I played Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag solidly for 12 hours a day both Saturday and Sunday. I beat the story, and got most of the Achievements I was aiming for. Some are just too grindy and not worth my time: like 100% everything, or upgrading everything. Boring.
The rest of the achievements were pretty easy or were dedicated strictly to the story, therefor unmissable. The two grind achievements I did chase involved the Forts and Naval contracts. As these were by far, the most fun parts of the game, it was a no-brainer.
My achievement of the week though, in this game was a secret one that I would never have thought of to get, as I’m not a drinker:
My Achievement of the Week – Assassins’ Creed IV: Black Flag
To get this achievement is actually is quite simple. Throughout the game world in the cities there are bars to unlock. They just require a quick fistfight, and then you’re an eligible patron. To pass out drunk, you just need to keep drinking. Pretty obviously, right? 5 drinks should do it, and then you wake up in the nearest haystack or palm tree pile. Easy 10G. Easily overlooked, as it only requires one drink to get the bartender’s secrets.
This week’s achievements week is a little longer, as I had two lengthily sit-ins with both Assassins Creed and Far Cry 4, completing both. So as to be expected, a lot of unlocking happened. Expect a review for Far Cry 4 soon, but check out my short story from the Far Cry 4: Truth and Justice missions.
Saturday, August 15 – Sunday, August 23
Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
- Owned (Complete every activity in a single location) – 10G
- Killer Killer (Harpoon a killer whale) – 10G
- Business and Pleasure (Earn 50,000 reales) -20G
- Silence, Fool! (Kill a guard ringing a bell) – 5G
- Mixing Up The Medicines (Complete memory sequence 6) – 20G
- Getting Weird Around Here (Complete present day mission 3) – 20G
- The Hammer Falls (Complete memory sequence 7) – 20G
- Adrift (Complete memory sequence 8) – 20G
- Help a Brother Out (Complete a Templar Hunt sequence) – 20G
- Siren Song (Rescue hostages by distraction with dancers) – 20G
- Redingote Up! (Craft the Hunter outfit) 10G
- A New Hope (Complete memory sequence 9)
- Wild West Indies (Kill 4 enemies in a row using multi-pistols) – 20G
- King of the Castle (Capture all forts) – 30G
- Sea Legs (Complete all naval contracts) – 30G
- Mer-man (Swim a total of 1 nmi.) – 10G
- My Elusive Fortune (Complete memory sequence 10) – 20G
- Bunker Buddies (Complete present day mission 4) – 20G
- Been Down So Long… (Complete memory sequence 11) – 20G
- Just Like Starting Over (Complete memory sequence 12) – 20G
- Ghost in the Machine (Hack 15 computers in Abstergo Ent.) – 10G
- It’s All Good (Complete present day mission 5) – 20G
- Saw That one Coming (Complete memory sequence 13) – 50G
- Hungover (wake up in a Haystack) – 10G
Far Cry 4
- Gearhead (Complete 3 Kyrati Films) – 10G
- Wall-Rounded (Complete any 6 Hunting quests) – 20G
- Right Tributes (Spin 10 Mani Wheels) – 15G
- The Rarest Game (Complete 3 Kyrati Fashion Week quests) – 20G
- Two Birds (Kill 2 targets with one sniper rifle shot) – 10G
- Exorcist (Recover or destroy 15 Masks of Yalung) – 10G
- Defender (Repel 3 Outposts Retaliation Parties) – 15G
- Hat-Trick (Decide Yuma’s Fate) – 50G
- Caretaker of Memory (Find 10 Lost Letters) – 15G
- The Sky is Falling (Perform a takedown from a Buzzer) – 15G
- All Clear (Liberate all Outposts) – 50G
- Full Loaded (Learn all skills) – 30G
- The King is Dead (Decide Pagan Min’s fate) – 100G
So, back to news types and things this week. New games and deals, and the next game I’ll be playing as I wrapped up two long standing ones. I’ll probably wrap up Battlefield Hardline soon.
A review for Far Cry 4, and then on Thursday I’ll be heading to PAX Prime in Seattle. I don’t know if I’ll be posting anything from the show, but at the least expect a rundown when I come back.