Ben-Hur – Free Easy 1000G
Ben-Hur doesn’t succeed as a game or as an advertisement for the film. In fact, all it’s really good for is some easy achievement points.
Released before the theatrical release of the new Ben-Hur movie, the game boasts a season full of chariot racing. But this “season” comprises of only 3 races, each race one lap longer than its predecessor.
I figured it might be fun to jump into for a bit to laugh, and see how bad it is. Also see if I could unlock a few achievements along the way. And I wasn’t disappointed.
In what can be described as an achievement sprint, I captured all 10, 1000G, in an hour. I have a time-lapse video below to show the progress:
So if easy achievements are what you’re after, and you have an hour to spare, look no further than Ben-Hur. I have the achievements listed below, and how long through my 1 hr 8 minute playthrough it took me to earn them.
- Falcon’s Swiftness – 50g (0m:57s)
Finish a lap in under 120 seconds
- Falcon’s Ascension – 75g (0m:57s)
Finish a lap in under 60 seconds.
- Spoils of the Victor – 50g (5m:37s)
Destroy an enemy chariot.
- Mercury’s Touch – 100g (8m:08s)
Finish first in a race.
- Mercury’s Gale – 150g (16m:14s)
Finish first in a race, without using a health potion.
- Gauntlet of Might – 50g (20m:00s)
Destroy an enemy chariot, with a whip attack.
- Executioner’s Touch – 100g (34m:35s)
Destroy all enemy chariots, in a single race.
- Ben-Hur’s Redemption – 150g (37m:01s)
Complete a season of racing.
- Emperor’s Gauntlet – 75g (50m:34s)
Destroy 5 x enemy chariots, with whip attacks.
- Emperor’s Glory – 200g (1h:08m:42s)
Destroy all the enemy chariots, in every race of a season.