This week I didn’t get up to must on the game front. Tried out The Division beta starting on Thursday, wrapped up some DLC in Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, put some time into Assassin’s Creed Unity and The Swapper (on the Xbox One, see my original PC thoughts: The Swapper), and tried out Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty. Basically all over the map.
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty is a 2.5D platformer with an emphasis on puzzles. Its gameplay is 2D but it has a 2.5D art style. We play as Abe, who finds out that the meat processing plant that he works for – that makes delicious snacks – has just introduced a new snack. The problem is the secret ingredient is made from the inhabitants of the planet. His goal is to rescue all the world’s people.
The game is a remake of the original, from 1999 on the Playstation – Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee, but remade from the ground up.
I chose this game as the highlight of the week because the other games I played haven’t had any interesting achievements yet, and even though I’ve only play a 1 or 2 levels, the first achievement I got was accidental, even in name.
Achievement of the Week – Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
Opps… – 0G
Fail to observe your surroundings
This achievement (or challenge) happens when you accidentally kill one of the world inhabitant (Mudokons) but pulling a switch that opens a trap door. The door is intended to drop a guard.
As I mentioned above, still playing through Assassin’s Creed Unity, and loving the art and visuals. It’s truly an incredibly detailed game. I’ve been plugging away in Grand Theft Auto V on the XOne. They had a 2x bonus weekend, and I failed to connect to a single multiplayer game without someone getting dropped. So that’s been a blast. And I also wrapped up one of the SoM DLCs.
Sunday, Feb 14 – Sunday Feb 21: 250G
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
- Opps… (Fail to observe your surroundings) – 0G
Assassin’s Creed Unity
- A Long Time Ago (Complete the Prologue) – 10G
- Youth in Versailles (Complete Memory Sequence 1) – 20G
- Rebirth (Complete Memory Sequence 2) – 20G
- First Blood (Complete Memory Sequence 3) – 20G
EA SPORTS NHL 16
- Keener (Get an overall grade of A- in Be a Pro mode) – 15G
Grand Theft Auto V
- Altruist Acolyte (You delivered an unsuspecting victim to the Altruist Cult) – 5G
- A Friendship Resurrected )With friends like this who needs enemies?) – 10G
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
- The Maker’s Bow – Complete all Azkar Legend Missions) – 30G
- Eregion Reforged (Build all the Forge Towers in Udom) – 40G
- Battle Forged (Maximize the power of the Ring by completing all of the One Ring missions) – 20G
- Betrayed (The One Ring has returned to it’s Maker) – 50G
- A Mighty Doom (Acquire a level 25 Rune) – 10G
Next week is back to news and new games (Far Cry Primal the most notable), another review lined up for Thursday, The Division impressions, and more.