Not so drawing
What I’m playing
Reading is fundamental
On the screen
It’s been a little quiet on the Rogan front as of late, mostly dealing with my dad’s estate, finalizing those related matters, which has kept me occupied and distracted. Condo cleaning and staging and selling. Etc.
So I haven’t put stylus to screen since finishing the Aloy poster, last month. But now that that is mostly dealt with I have been feeling the urge. Maybe I’ll start some doodling tonight to see what happens. Next weekend is the last of the move, and then I should be feeling a little more motivated.
My Stranger Than Friendship comic has now been dormant for a year. I discontinued the Pro plan of that website as I felt I was paying to much for something I wasn’t upkeeping. So we’ll see what happens in a few weeks when that expires, and it reverts to the free model, without plugins. I do still plan to work on that comic, along with all the other ideas I have swimming around. But it’s hard to find the time and energy.
I’ve been steadily progressing in Gotham Knights every co-op Wednesday, starting to get better at the combat, gear crafting and city navigation. I play as Batgirl, and I’ve unlocked the cape finally, through the Knighthood progression, for traversal, and quick-travel locations are becoming more plentiful as we unlock the map. The way the story progression is structured is pleasing, where the main story and side missions are broken up into case files, and you can focus on whatever you want, in whichever order you wish. Or you can spend the evening fighting street crims or finding collectibles. And then at the end of each play session, you can just turn into the Watchtower and wrap-up your night.
Been a few weeks since I stepped foot into the Witcher III lands, but I’ve been making progress in Hi-Fi Rush, which is an attack-on-the-beat style action game with platforming elements. It has funny dialogue and an enjoyable story that’s PG enough for my son to watch me play. It’s also very colourful.
In the odd evenings, I’ve also been playing NHL 23, and on the odd nights that friends are online, we’re playing Turbo Golf Racing. Season 3 just unlocked and it has some new interesting maps.
I picked up Zoe Thorogood’s previous book, The Impending Blindness of Billie Scott, and I have that in my queue. But along with my regular weekly comics, I read through Bitch Planet (Image) Vol 1 and 2 which is where it appears to end, unfinished. There was a side-stories collection that came out afterwards, but not a continuation of the story. I’ve now started on Middlewest (Imaged), by Skottie Young and Jorge Corona. I’ve been slowing going through my TP backlog, and I really enjoy Corona’s art, and Skottie’s writing. I’ve been on a bit of Skottie kick lately, having read TWIG and the duo’s most recent collaboration The Me You Love In The Dark (Image), so, figured I’d read their earlier work.
Guess it’s been a while since I recorded what I’m actually picking up on a weekly basis. Its always fun going through this list, to see what’s new, what’s ended, so here goes:
- The Amazing Spider-Man (2022 – present)
- The Ambassadors (2023 – present)
- Batgirls (2021 – present)
- Batman & the Joker: The Deadly Due (2022-2023)
- Batman (2023 – present) Zdarsky run
- Black Cloak (2023 – present)
- Clear (2023)
- Danger Street (2022 – present)
- Dark Knights of Steel (2021 – present)
- The Dead Lucky (2022 – present)
- Deadpool (2022 – present)
- The Forged (2023 – present)
- Gunslinger Spawn (2021 – present)
- Hulk (2021 – 2023) Cates/Ottley run
- Junkyard Joe (2022 – 2023)
- King Spawn (2021 – present)
- Local Man (2023 – present)
- Love Everlasting (2022 – present)
- Nemesis Reloaded (2023 – Present)
- Nocterra (2021 – present)
- Once Upon a Time at the End of the World (2022 – present)
- Ordinary Gods (2021 – present)
- Phantom Road (2023 – present)
- Public Domain (2022 – present)
- Radiant Black (2021 – present)
- Radiant Pink (2022 – present)
- The Department of Truth (2020 – present)
- The Riddler: Year One (2022 – present)
- Rogue Sun (2022 – present)
- The Scorched (2021 – present)
- Spawn (1992 – present)
- Stillwater (2020 – 2023)
- Undiscovered Country (2019 – present)
- Vanish (2022 – present)
- The Walking Dead Deluxe (2020 – present)
- Wynd (2020 – present)
So there’s a few Spawn Universe titles in there, a few titles tied to the Massive-verse. I also tend to follow artists, or writers. So I have some Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Chip Zdarksy, Donny Cates, Jeff Lemire. And then some of the stapes, like Spider-Man.
- The Witcher S2
- Ted Lasso S3
Ghosted 65 Dungeons & Dragons
That’s all for this month. Speak soon.